Latest transfer news: Spurs in ‘contact’ with La Liga star

Tottenham Hotspur will look to have a solid start to their pre-season friendlies as they plan for their 2022/23 Premier League and UEFA Champions League season.

After beating Arsenal to that final fourth place spot, Antonio Conte has been building up his squad having signed Ivan Perisic, Yves Bissouma and Fraser Forster among others and all stars are set to feature heavily in Spurs’ pre-season matches.

Sign up to our LondonWorld Today newsletter

Spurs have traveled out to South Korea for their preliminary club friendlies and faced K-League XI earlier today (Wednesday 13 July 2022).

They will next face Sevilla on Saturday 16 July before coming back to the UK for a meet-up with Rangers at Ibrox later in July.

As Spurs continue their preparations for the upcoming season, here is all the latest on their transfer news…

Leeds could raid £27 cast out

The 25-year-old Spanish international Sergio Reguilon was left out of Antonio Conte’s squad which has traveled out to South Korea.

Reguilon’s place has looked precarious ever since Spurs signed Perisic but this brutal culling from the Italian manager seems to mean the left-black’s time in North London may soon come to an end.

HITC have however suggested that Leeds United could be the best bet for the Tottenham outcast. The Whites were forced to leave out their left-back Firpo after the ex-Barcelona star picked up an injury, leaving him on the sidelines for eight weeks.

With Leeds in desperate need for a left-back, Spurs may provide just the answer. Sevilla is currently leading the race for the Spaniard, but if Conte is hopeful of keeping him in the Premier League, a loan deal with the Yorkshire-based team may be in everyone’s best interest.

Spurs in ‘contact’ with Villarreal star

According to reports from Football transfer Tavern, Tottenham Hotspur are in contact with Villarreal’s Pervis Estupinan’s agent.

Spurs reportedly in contact with Estupinan

The 25-year-old still has five years left on his contract, but has already been linked with a move away from La Liga with CBS reporter Ben Jacobs reporting last month that Spurs were in ‘advanced talks’ with the defender.

In fact, the reports also stated that they are awaiting the departure of Reguilon in order to sign the Villarreal star.

Tottenham hopes for ‘luxury’ player

Speaking to GiveMeSport, the transfer insider Dean Jones has suggested that Spurs’ transfer deals are far from done with Conte still hopeful of signing a ‘luxury’ deal towards the end of the transfer window.

Jones told the Sport website: “I’ve been told to look out for Tottenham signing a luxury player towards the back end of the window.

“They’re getting their main business done now, but Tottenham always go into the window in that last 10 days, that lst week, because they just love to be involved in that and see if they can get one more that boosts morale, and that’s the sort of thing that might happen this summer.”

Barcelona star not interested in Spurs move

The Barcelona forward Memphis Depay is reportedly not interested in moving to Spurs this transfer window, according to SPORT.

The 28-year-old Dutch international finished as Barcelona’s top scorer with 13 goals last season but with Barcelona’s transfer plans, it would appear as if his future at Camp Nou is far from certain.

Moves to sign Ousmane Dembele and Raphinha as well as Robert Lewandowski have thrown Depay’s future into doubt and Spurs appeared to be the front runners in hoping to sign the £16.9 million forward.

However, despite Spurs being able to offer the Dutchman Champions League football, Depay has stated that he has no interest in a move to North London.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*