PSG to beat Barcelona with improved offer for Manchester City’s Bernardo Silva

The summer transfer window is here, and there’s plenty of gossip swirling about who’s moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings, goings and, of course, done deals!

TOP STORY: PSG have inside track to Silva

Paris Saint-Germain are working on a deal to sign the Manchester City midfielder Bernardo Silvaaccording to The Times.

Barcelona have also been strongly linked with the Portugal international, who wants to leave the Etihad.

However, the Parisians are not working under the same financial issues that Barcelona are currently facing and they are confident that Silva will move to France if a fee can be agreed with City.

It is added that PSG are prepared to pay as much as €70 million for the 28-year-old, whose City contract runs until 2025.

Offering Silva improved personal terms will reportedly not be an issue for PSG, something that cannot be said of Barcelona.

The Catalans have pinned a lot of their hopes of signing Silva on the player’s preference of joining them. But the club still needs to create more salary space if they are to sign any more players — Jules Kounde remains unregistered while their other four summer additions (Robert Lewandowski, Raphinha, Andreas Christensen, Franck Kessie) were registered the day before last Saturday’s season opener.

Nor for PSG, the Ligue 1 champions so far permanently signed Vitinha, Renato Sanches, Nordi Mukiele and Nuno Mendes this summer, while bringing Hugo Ekitike on loan from Reims.

– ESPN+ guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (US)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– Don’t have ESPN? Get instant access

LIVE BLOG

08.23 BST: Wolverhampton Wanderers announced late last night that they have signed a midfielder Matheus Nunes from Sporting CP in a club-record deal.

Wolves beat Premier League rivals West Ham to the Portugal international for a fee which Record reports will be an initial €45m that could rise to €50m.

Nunes, 23, scored four goals and set up five more in 50 appearances for Sporting last season.

08.00 BST: Manchester United have inquired about a loan move for Chelsea and the United States forward Christian Pulisicsources have told ESPN’s James Olley.

United are scrambling for reinforcements after making their worst start to a Premier League season and faltering in their pursuit of several players, including Adrien Rabiot and Frenkie de Jong. Pulisic has emerged as a possible target after United contacted Chelsea to examine whether they would be willing to allow the USMNT international to leave Stamford Bridge.

Pulisic, 23, has two years remaining on his contract. According to sources, he has grown frustrated at his limited game time. He was a substitute in both Chelsea games so far this season, with appearances totaling 30 minutes. In an injury-hit campaign last term, Pulisic started just 13 Premier League games.

It is unclear whether Chelsea would allow the Pulisic to join a domestic rival, with Newcastle United also thought to be monitoring the situation, although sources have indicated they are more likely to be open to a loan move rather than a permanent transfer.

Sources also suggest Juventus have expressed an interest, while Atletico Madrid have reportedly been linked with a move for Pulisic, who is keen on securing more regular football ahead of the World Cup.

PAPER GOSSIP (by Danny Lewis)

– The Independent reports that Sporting CP are offering to take Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United on a free transfer. It is unknown whether he would accept a homecoming to Lisbon as he wants to stay in the Champions League — but be at a level where he could win it.

– Manchester United are looking to bring in Lazio’s Sergej Milinkovic-Savic and have even spoken with the Serbia international’s agent, although Foot Mercato reports that an offer has not yet been made. Sources have told ESPN that United have cooled their interest in Juventus’ Adrien Rabiot and have also targeted the Real Madrid midfielder Casemiro.

– Sky Sports Deutschland have stated that Liverpool midfielder Naby Keita is unhappy with his role at Anfield and could leave. He has one year left on his contract but could look to leave this summer in search of more game time, although there are currently no named clubs looking at the ex-RB Leipzig man.

– Napoli are getting closer to completing a €5m loan move for Sassuolo forward Giacomo Raspadori, with the obligation to make it permanent for €25m plus €5m in add-ons, reports Sky Sports Italia. The composition of the add-ons is yet to be decided but the aim is for everything to be formalized on Thursday ahead of a medical on Friday.

– Marseille have opened the door to Arkadiusz Milik potentially leaving the club this summer, as reported by L’Equipe. There have already been some contacts made by clubs hoping to sign the Polish striker.

.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*